Basic Rigging Pricing
- $ 950.00
In addition to the course fee of $ 950.00 you will also be required to pay the high risk licence application fee. You will have the option to pay a fee of $99.00 to us while attending your course, and we will process and post your licence application to WorkSafe on your behalf.
Alternatively we can provide you with everything you need to post your licence application, including a stamped and addressed envelope. You will be able to post the application to WorkSafe at a nearby post box, and pay the licence fee to them directly by including credit card details on your licence application form. A list of WorkSafe’s current licence fees can be found here. The licence fees vary based on whether you currently hold a high risk licence.
Basic Rigging Dates
This course is run over four consecutive days, the date shown is the start date
About the Course:
Our basic rigging course is for those who require a High Risk Work Licence for basic rigging (RB class) issued from WorkSafe WA. This course is run at our training venue in Rockingham for four full days. When you attend, you will complete theory and practical training before you complete a written and calculations assessment, and undertake a practical assessment.
There is no need to complete any study before attending the training, however if you would like a copy of the learner guide prior to attending the training you are welcome to collect a copy at the office, or if there is sufficient time we can post a copy on request.
If you have language or learning difficulties please note that there is a level of reading, writing and numeracy required to complete this course with us, please see the LLN information below for what this means.
- Duration – Four full days at our training venue.
- Course hours are 7.30am – 3.30pm, registration is at 7.15am on the first day.
- Method – Face-to-face training and assessment at our training venue. You will complete a calculations, written and practical assessment.
- This unit of competency is nationally recognised, those who complete this course successfully will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for CPCCLRG3001 – Licence to perform rigging basic level.
- Successful completion of the assessments will allow you to apply for a Basic Rigging (RB class) High Risk Work Licence with WorkSafe WA – we provide you with everything you need to post your licence application, including a stamped and addressed envelope. Alternatively, for a fee we can lodge the application for you. Please see pricing information above for further details.
What the course covers:
- How to plan for the job, identifying and controlling hazards,
- How to select and inspect the appropriate rigging equipment
- How to set up the task, inspecting ground suitability and determining all forces and loads associated with erecting and dismantling structures
- How to erect and dismantle structures and plant to appropriate standards
- Hold a current High Risk Work Licence for Dogging (DG class) OR a have a current Notice of Assessment for DG issued by a WorkSafe Assessor
- Be able to understand, read and write English, and be able to learn mathematical formulas and calculations (for further information on the level of ability required, see ‘LLN’ below)
- Be at least 18 years of age or over
- Bring either one form of primary ID OR three forms of secondary ID. One form of ID MUST show your name and date of birth
- Primary ID includes;
- Australian passport – Current or expired within the last two years, but not cancelled
- A current drivers licence or learners permit
- A current high risk licence
- A current international passport
- A current Western Australian Photo Card (formerly Proof of Age card)
- Click here for a full list of primary and secondary ID
- If you hold a valid high risk licence issued in a state other than WA you must bring it with you on the day of the course
- You MUST bring one passport photo (even if you hold a current WA issued High Risk Work Licence – this is a new requirement from WorkSafe, a passport photo is now required for each application to WorkSafe). Regular photos or a photocopy of a passport will not be accepted by WorkSafe.
- Wear safety boots
LLN – Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements:
To satisfactorily complete this training with us, learners need to be able to understand, read and write basic English and be able to learn to complete mathematical calculations.
For example, at the very least, the learner would need to be able to (without assistance) read and understand a passage of text with comprehension to answer questions in writing. For example, the learner would need to be able to read the text below and answer the question that follows;
When working around live power lines you must maintain the following distances:
- Live insulated overhead power lines with a voltage of not more than 1000 volts – 0.5 m
- Live uninsulated overhead power lines with a voltage of not more than 1000 volts – 1 m
- Live uninsulated overhead power lines exceeding 1000 volts but not more than 33000 volts – 3 m
- Live uninsulated overhead power lines with a voltage exceeding 33000 volts – 6 m
Question: If you are working near uninsulated power lines with a voltage of 11000 volts, what is the minimum distance you need to maintain?
Answer: 3 m
Learners are not expected to know the specific calculations that are used at basic rigging level before attending the course. However, in order to learn the required calculations, learners will need to have a basic understanding of the following mathematical operations before the course – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and square roots. The calculations in the course have written questions and contain multiple steps and formulas. Calculators are supplied and used during training and assessment.
While reading and writing basic English, and completing mathematical calculations is required, there are some adjustments that can be made if required.
For example, we can offer:
- Training material and assessments in larger print or on coloured paper (learners need to advise preferred colour prior to attending).
- Additional theory and/or practical training.
- Re-assessment opportunities following further training.
- Oral assessment
- Oral assessment may be offered only after a candidate has attempted the written assessment.
- All candidates who complete the theory assessment orally, are required to complete a supplementary assessment to demonstrate they are able to read, understand and write basic English.
- The supplementary assessment is similar to the examples given in LLN above and must be successfully completed by the candidate (on their own).
- An oral assessment may not be able to be conducted on the same day the written assessment is attempted, as it requires a trainer to conduct it one on one with the candidate.
- When a candidate successfully completes an oral assessment, they will then be required to successfully complete the practical assessment to be judged as competent
The course is conducted at our training venue in Rockingham – Unit 1, 8 Day Road, East Rockingham, Western Australia.
OUR "3 SHOTS" GUARANTEE
We are confident that the quality of our training resources and our experienced trainers will give you the best possible training for you to achieve required competency. So we will offer you a full, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee if you don't pass the assessments.
Why do we offer this? It's simple - it is your hard earned money and putting your faith in our trainers and the quality of our training is what we value. We have full confidence in our trainers and assessors to deliver high level of training always.
We recognize that not everyone learns at the same level or time frame. That's why we are different - take the time that you need, to learn the way you feel is best for you.
At KG training & Assessing Pty Ltd we don’t just sign off everyone as “competent”. You still need to put in every effort to achieve a positive outcome. To assist you further, we offer flexible learning options for you to achieve a positive outcome. However, we guarantee to refund your fees if we feel that you will not be able to achieve desired competencies - sometimes even in the first attempt. Yes - we lose money but we put our learner’s needs over profit.
All this talk is great, but what does the training centre look like? Here are a couple of images to give you an idea of the environment you will be doing your training in.
Inside a classroom
The Story So Far...
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
We put our money where our mouth is because we believe in our quality.
- Flexible Learning Options
We are all about YOU. We recognise your experience, or help with your confidence, or both!
- Our trainers are employees, not contractors
Ever been trained by someone who doesn't care? It sucks. You won't find that issue here.
About KG Training
KG Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) - Provider Number 52112. This means we are registered with the Training Accreditation Council so you can be sure we are legitimate.
Our trainers literally have decades of experience in industry, which means they know what it is like to be in your shoes. They are all down to earth people who enjoy a laugh and a joke whilst providing a professional service to you. I mean, all work and no play isn't very exciting!
If You've Come This Far, You Must Be Keen
So, you have made it a fair way down the page but haven't booked yet. This means you must be really keen to do the course, but something is holding you back. While we aren't sure what is holding you back, here's a few things that may help put your mind at ease.
Is your 100% Money Back Guarantee Real?
Absolutely it is! You are paying for a service, and that service is being trained with the ultimate goal of getting your Basic Rigging Licence. Why should you pay if we aren't good enough to train you? Other training centres will try and tell you that you have to pay for extra training. They only tell you that so they can charge you more. You are paying us to learn - if we don't teach properly, you don't pay - it's that simple!
Do I Really Get To Do The Training 3 Times If I Need It?
You bet you do! Most people don't need it, but we all know that sometimes when you are doing a test you might forget things because you put yourself under pressure to pass! Most people put this pressure on themselves because they have parted with their hard earned cash to sit the course and of course you don't want to blow your money! This is why we offer 3 sittings on the course for the one price - we know that being an adult and having to come back to "school" can be a bit sucky, so we try and take all the pressure off you - and we do this by having quality trainers and quality training materials.
Is There Really Different Ways I Can Learn The Material?
Totally! Many training centres take a "one size fits all" approach because it is cheaper and faster for them. That's right - not you, but them. We are revolutionising the way training is done by giving you the choice in how you want to learn. It's your money, so it should be your way. Sound fair?
Advantages vs Disadvantages Of Using KG Training
OK - now you might be thinking "what's the catch". We don't think there are any, but here's what we came up with:
The Pros List
- Trainers with decades of experience means quality learning
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Flexible delivery of the training material to make your life easier
- We adapt to your experience, learning ability or lack of confidence
- Professional organisation that knows how to make learning enjoyable
- A stress free environment - we work with you, not against you. You are stumping up the cash after all!
The Cons List
- If you are blatantly lazy, we aren't for you...
- We don't hand out tickets like lollies...
- You might be able to save a few bucks on the headline rate elsewhere - but watch out for the fine print...
- We do expect you to learn, after all, isn't that what you are paying us for...?
- YES! - we do things "right" but that means your ticket is never at risk of being knocked back or cancelled due to dodgy training... And yes, this has happened because of other training providers before!