Frequently Asked Questions

What is the WorkSafe Application Fee?

High risk licenses are issued by WorkSafe WA. A fee is charged by WorkSafe for each individual license class, the exception to this is for courses with prerequisites (see further information in the next FAQ). From July 1st 2019 onward the licence fee is $100 when applying for a new high risk work licence in WA, and the addition of another licence class to an existing WA issued high risk work licence is $78.50 per class. To take away the hassle of submitting your paperwork to WorkSafe for the issue of your license, we collect this fee from you and pay the WorkSafe fee on your behalf when your application is sent. If you would prefer to submit your own licence application, please contact the office to opt out of this service.

Which courses have prerequisites, and how will this affect my Licence application fee?

All Rigging licences have prerequisites, as do Intermediate and Advanced Scaffolding licences. In these instances multiple applications can be submitted under one WorkSafe fee. When submitting multiple applications we require all Rigging or Scaffolding training and prerequisites to be completed within a 6 week period to allow the licence application to be processed and sent to WorkSafe before they expire.

How do I know if I have a valid WorkSafe WA issued High Risk Licence?

Licence checks can be performed online at http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/worksafe/worksafe-licence-and-registration-search using either a licence number; or your first name, surname and date of birth. Alternatively you can phone WorkSafe WA on 1300 424 091.

Do I need to book in for a course and how do I book?

Bookings are essential as numbers are limited for each course. Bookings can be made over the phone (​0870788171), by email at admin@kgtraining.com.au, via our website or in person at the office.

Maximum up front payment

As per the Standards for Registered Training Organisations, clause 7.3, KGTA will not accept payment of more than $1500 from each individual student prior to the completion of training. Where an individual wishes to secure a place on a course, a deposit of at least 50% of the total course cost, but not exceeding $1500, will be required. Where an individual has booked multiple courses KGTA will not accept prepayment of greater than $1500 for the training in its entirety. At no point prior to or during the individual's training will payment/s totaling $1500 be accepted for services yet to be delivered. Remaining payment is due upon course completion, prior to the issue of a Statement of Attainment.

What is the Cancellation Policy?

Notification is required 5 working days before course commencement to obtain a refund of deposit or transfer the course booking. Less than 5 working days notice will cause ALL fees paid to be non-refundable.

What is High Risk Work?

High risk work which requires a person to hold a licence includes: Forklift operation (forklift trucks; order-picking forklift trucks)-Scaffolding (basic,intermediate and advanced) -Rigging work (dogging; and basic, intermediate and advanced rigging) -Crane and hoist operation (elevating work platform; tower; self-erecting tower; derrick; portal boom; bridge and gantry; vehicle loading; non slewing mobile; slewing; materials hoist; personnel and materials hoist; boom-type vehicle mounted concrete placing boom)

Are there any age requirements?

WorkSafe requires all participants to be a minimum of 18 years of age to be able to complete any high risk licence courses. Non high risk licence courses do not have regulations for age requirements.

What are the start times?

Registration for all courses is 7:45am with an 8:00am start unless otherwise specified.

What licence do I need to operate a Telehandler?

You must have been trained in telehandler use and provide evidence of such training in the form of a statement of attainment or a card. Forklift and/or Non slew crane high risk licences may be required in addition to telehandler training dependent on site requirements and if the telehandler has a jib attachment capable of picking up greater than 3 tonne capacity. A LF or CN high risk licence will not allow operation of a telehandler without independent training on telehandler.

Where can I find the unit of competency for the course I would like to book?

For full unit of competency details for the courses we deliver please scroll to the footer at the end of the page. Each course page will also contain further unit of competency details.

If I want to know more about a course or training with KG, where can I find the Student Handbook?

The student handbook can be downloaded by clicking this link.

What is a VOC?

A "VOC" or Verification of Competency is a method of assessment to determine a workers' ability to operate equipment or perform tasks relevant to their job role. These assessments are commonly used by employers during their pre-employment process and is often a requirement before individuals are allowed on site. VOCs are not nationally accredited and will not result in the issuance of a AQF certification document.

How do I book a VOC?

VOC bookings are taken on request, subject to availability. Bookings can be made over the phone (​0870788171), by email at admin@kgtraining.com.au or in person at the office. Prepayment is required to secure a booking.

What is your Privacy Policy?

You can find our Privacy Policy by clicking the link below:

Information about our Statements of Attainment

KG Training and Assessing is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and can therefore issue AQF certification documents as per the AQF Qualifications Issuance Policy for nationally recognised training (accredited training).Where there are no outstanding payment issues, the AQF certification document will be issued within 30 days of completion of a course, however in most instances it will be issued on the day of completion. From mid October 2015 a AQF certification document (Statement of Attainment) issued by KG Training and Assessing will include an embossed gold foil seal with KG Training and Assessing's logo and RTO registration number embossed in the foil. When this is absent it indicates that the document is not the original certification document and should be verified. If you are required to verify the authenticity of a Statement of Attainment, you are welcome to contact us. However, please be aware that we will require permission from the student/certificate holder before we can release any personal information.