CSE Refresher Pricing
- $ 160.00
This course is ONLY for those who have previously completed a nationally recognised Confined Space Entry course in the last four (4) years AND can provide proof (scroll down to Entry Requirements for details). If you have not previously completed a Confined Space Entry course within 4 years, please click here for information about our full day Confined Space Entry course.
This is a nationally recognised course
CSE Refresher Dates
About the Course:
Our Confined Space Entry refresher course is ONLY for those who have previously completed a nationally recognised Confined Space Entry course in the last four (4) years AND can provide proof (see below). If you have not previously completed a Confined Space Entry course within 4 years, please click here for information about our full day Confined Space Entry course.
Candidates are required to supply a Statement of Attainment or a USI Transcript for RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined spaces or RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces, issued within the last four (4) years. If you have lost your Statement of Attainment, or the training was completed more than 4 years ago please contact the office so that we can discuss your options.
If you have not previously completed training for Confined Space Entry we also offer a one day course where theory and practical training is conducted prior to the assessments, click here for more information.
This course is run at our training venue in Rockingham for half a day. When you attend you will complete a written assessment and a practical assessment; no training is conducted prior to the assessments.
*If you have language, literacy or numeracy difficulties please note that there is a level of reading, writing and numeracy required to complete the assessments, please scroll down to the LLN information below for what this means.
- Duration – 1-2 hours of pre-reading at home, followed by half a day (4 hours) at our training venue.
- Method –Face-to-face assessment, you will complete both a written and practical assessment.
- This unit of competency is nationally recognised, those who complete this course successfully will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- Confined Space Entry DOES NOT lead to a High Risk Work Licence
Assessment of this unit covers:
- How to plan and prepare to enter and work in a confined space
- How to gain access and work in a confined space
- How to exit the confined space correctly
- How to clean up the work area when finished working in confined spaces
- Be able to understand, read and write English and have a basic concept of numerical values (for further information on the level ability required, scroll down to ‘LLN’ below)
- Be at least 16 years of age or over
- Supply a Statement of Attainment or USI Transcript for RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined spaces or RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces, completed in the last four years (hardcopy or electronic) – if it is older than four years please call us
- Bring 1 form of primary identification
- Wear non-slip enclosed shoes
*LLN – Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements:
To satisfactorily complete this training with us, learners need to be able to understand, read and write basic English and have a basic understanding of numerical values.
For example, at the very least, the learner would need to be able to (without assistance) READ and WRITE by following simple instructions like;
Look at the Risk Assessment
Find ‘Confirm Task’
Write down what the ‘Potential Hazards’ are.
As an example of understanding numerical values a learner would need to have to satisfactorily complete this course with us, see the problem below;
For work carried out in a confined space, the percentage of LEL must be less than 5% for hot work.
If the LEL is greater than 5%, but less than 10%, the confined space may be entered, but no hot work can be done.
Question 1: If the LEL is 7.5%, can you enter the confined space?
Question 2: If you can enter, could you perform hot work?
Answer 1 = Yes, Answer 2 = No
Where there is a demonstrated requirement, KGTA are able to offer candidates:
- Assessment materials in larger print or on coloured paper (candidates need to advise preferred colour prior to attending).
- Additional time to complete the theory assessment.
- Oral assessment
- Oral assessment may be offered only after a candidate has attempted the written assessment.
- All candidates who complete the theory assessment orally, are required to complete a supplementary assessment to demonstrate they are able to read, understand and write basic English and understand numerical values.
- The supplementary assessment is similar to the examples given in LLN above and must be successfully completed by the candidate (on their own).
- An oral assessment may not be able to be conducted on the same day the written assessment is attempted, as it requires an assessor to conduct it one on one with the candidate.
- When a candidate successfully completes an oral assessment, they will then be required to successfully complete the practical assessment to be judged as competent
If a candidate does not achieve competency in any assessment they will need to complete the full one day course, with training and assessment. They will be required to pay the difference in the cost between the refresher and full one day course.
We are located in Rockingham – Unit 1, 8 Day Road, East Rockingham, Western Australia.
About KG Training
KG Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) - Provider Number 52112. This means we are registered with the Training Accreditation Council so you can be sure we are legitimate.
Our trainers literally have decades of experience in industry, which means they know what it is like to be in your shoes. They are all down to earth people who enjoy a laugh and a joke whilst providing a professional service to you. I mean, all work and no play isn't very exciting!