- $ 195.00
This is a nationally recognised course
If you have previously completed Confined Space Entry training we also offer a two hour refresher course. Please click here for more information.
About the Course:
Our Confined Space Entry course is for those who are required to enter and work in confined spaces. This course is run at our training venue in Rockingham for a full day. During the course you will complete theory training before you complete a written assessment; and participate in practical training before completing the practical assessment.
If you have previously completed Confined Space Entry training we also offer a half day refresher course. Please click here for more information.
There is no need to complete any study prior to attending the course, however if you would like a copy of the learner guide before attending, you are welcome to collect a copy at our office, alternatively we can email you a PDF copy.
If you have language or learning difficulties please note that there is a level of reading, writing and numeracy required to complete this course with us, please see the LLN information below for what this means.
- Duration – One full day at our training venue.
- Method –Face-to-face training and assessment, you will complete both a written and practical assessment.
- This unit of competency is nationally recognised, those who complete this course successfully will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- Confined Space Entry DOES NOT lead to a High Risk Work Licence
What the course covers:
- How to plan and prepare to enter and work in a confined space
- How to gain access and work in a confined space
- How to exit the confined space correctly
- How to clean up the work area when finished working in confined spaces
There is no formal pre-requisite unit of competency required, however candidates MUST;
- Be able to understand, read and write English and have a basic concept of numerical values (for further information on the level ability required, see ‘LLN’ below)
- Be at least 16 years of age or over
- Bring 1 form of primary identification
- Wear non-slip enclosed shoes
LLN – Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements:
To satisfactorily complete this training with us, learners need to be able to understand, read and write basic English and have a basic understanding of numerical values.
For example, at the very least, the learner would need to be able to (without assistance) READ and WRITE by following simple instructions like;
Look at the Risk Assessment
Find ‘Confirm Task’
Write down what the ‘Potential Hazards’ are.
As an example of understanding numerical values a learner would need to have to satisfactorily complete this course with us, see the problem below;
For work carried out in a confined space, the percentage of LEL must be less than 5% for hot work.
If the LEL is greater than 5%, but less than 10%, the confined space may be entered, but no hot work can be done.
Question 1: If the LEL is 7.5%, can you enter the confined space?
Question 2: If you can enter, could you perform hot work?
Answer 1 = Yes, Answer 2 = No
While understanding numerical values, reading and writing basic English is required, there are some adjustments that can be made if required.
For example, we can offer:
- Training material and assessments in larger print or on coloured paper (learners need to advise preferred colour prior to attending).
- Additional theory and/or practical training.
- Re-assessment opportunities following further training.
- Oral assessment
- Oral assessment may be offered only after a candidate has attempted the written assessment.
- All candidates who complete the theory assessment orally, are required to complete a supplementary assessment to demonstrate they are able to read, understand and write basic English and understand numerical values.
- The supplementary assessment is similar to the examples given in LLN above and must be successfully completed by the candidate (on their own).
- An oral assessment may not be able to be conducted on the same day the written assessment is attempted, as it requires a trainer to conduct it one on one with the candidate.
- When a candidate successfully completes an oral assessment, they will then be required to successfully complete the practical assessment to be judged as competent
The course is conducted at our training venue in Rockingham – Unit 1, 8 Day Road, East Rockingham, Western Australia.
About KG Training
KG Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) - Provider Number 52112. This means we are registered with the Training Accreditation Council so you can be sure we are legitimate.
Our trainers literally have decades of experience in industry, which means they know what it is like to be in your shoes. They are all down to earth people who enjoy a laugh and a joke whilst providing a professional service to you. I mean, all work and no play isn't very exciting!